How to Maintain Your New Drive
When your driveway if first installed you will want to stay completely off the drive for 4 days. After the 4th day you can drive over the drive to enter your garage. You will want to avoid parking on it until the 7th day.
When should sealer be applied?
Asphalt driveways should be sealed no sooner than 6 – 8 weeks after they are initially installed, or within the first year.
Surface and air temps should be a minimum of 50 degrees F and rising. Curing time is affected by temperature and humidity. Therefore we recommend that sealing be done in the months of June, July, August and sometimes September. Car traffic and parking should be prohibited for 24 hours to allow for curing.
Why Should I seal coat my asphalt driveway?
- Sealers prevent asphalt surface oxidation by forming a protective outer skin.
- Seal coating seals the porous asphalt surface, preventing damaging water and salt penetration.
- Sealers protect asphalt from the deteriorating effects of gasoline, oil, de-icer and other harsh chemicals.
- Sealers provide the black finish and fresh, new appearance.
- Sealers provide a smooth surface that facilitates cleaning and maintenance.
- Helps extend the life of your asphalt driveway.
How often should sealer be applied?
We recommend once in each of the first 2 years. After that we recommend only sealing every 3 years. Asphalt driveways will deteriorate if they are sealed more often than recommended.
How do I avoid power steering scuff marks?
Driveways with turn-a-rounds, rear load or side load garages are very susceptible to scuffing if drivers turn theirsteering wheel without the car moving. Please be sure the car is moving even slightly to avoid scuffing.
Our seal season starts approximately May 15th and ends approximately Sept 30th. The best time of year to contact Jennite for driveway maintenance is in the early spring. Our schedule fills up quickly so call early.